Friday 21 March 2014

Essy, The Princess and the Pea

The "Princess and the Pea" is a literary fairy tale by Hand Christian Andersen about a young woman whose royal identity is established by a test of her physical sensitivity.  


The story tells of a prince who wants to marry a princess, but is having difficulty finding a suitable wife. Something is always wrong with those he meets, and he cannot be certain they are real princesses.

One stormy night, a young woman drenched with rain seeks shelter in the prince's castle. She claims to be a princess, so the prince's mother decides to test their unexpected unwitting guest by placing a pea in the bed she is offered for the night, covered by 20 mattresses and 20 feather-beds. In the morning, the guest tells her hosts that she endured a sleepless night, kept awake by something hard in the bed; which she is certain has bruised her. The prince rejoices. They marry and live happily ever after (I think)!



It has always been one of my favourite tales from my childhood.  It is only now that I am uncovering why and it's not because this tale took my IQ to a new level!

When our IQ is raised we can begin to think in new and different ways, it can help us on our journey, take us to visit more varied and interesting places - real or conceptual.  However, it can also delay the speed with which we get from A to B creating detours in our progress through life.  One of the most successful detours I've encountered (but only recently realised) is that created by Science, logic, evidence based research and rational thought.  On their own they simply can not reflect and explain everything in life and the sooner we question "what else is there"that can help us to understand,  the faster we will develop.

I believe we have all the information we need in the universe and we've lost our way to tune into it.  Perhaps some people like healers and 'communicators' can tap into those resources but I know I currently can not.

My education and upbringing, (like most people) was governed by a formal, structured, linearly progressive knowledge dump. Knowledge recall was tested and if we went to university knowledge application was called into evidence.  Then it ends! Just like that.  We are released into society to figure out what else makes life actually tick, what is real and what is not!

Our Western education system builds walls around us, comprising some truth, some lies and many more unknowns. Our IQ should enable us to look over the walls we've built up so we can sift out 'what is for real' just like the Prince's search for a real princess.

Half truths to me are simply all those things that others reject outright simply because they haven't really looked! Take Homoeopathy, Clairvoyance, Kineseology, or The Horse!  One man who seems to understand this principle better than I is Chris Day from the Alternative Veterinary Medicine Centre.

Chris visited with Essy this week.   It is all part of my plan to try to deal with the Ethimoid Hematoma, the frequent nose bleeds and to relieve Essy's headache pressure that Margrit felt when she came on March 1st, this year.



Long story short; Chris saw Essy's head was out of alignment and adjusted it.  He also found his TMJs on both sides were tight as wires feeling like a set of Guitar strings! (Solar also felt like this but not Grace). 

 
 He massaged the tension out there and then. 


After a few seconds Essy relaxed, eyes began to close and he seemed to find it beneficial.  The real test came later....

I had not mentioned to Chris (and for the life of me I don't know why), that since early January Essy has not been able to eat carrots.  He is only offered them when 'the old woman' visits at weekends, so when we both noticed he was spitting them out, it was cause for concern.  However, because he eats everything else, I did not call the vet or dentist.

When his treatment with Chris finished we noticed how much hay he was loading into his mouth - gobbling it up!  Chris asked me if that was normal.  No it wasn't.  He usually eats in a more 'dainty' manner for a boy!  This gave me an idea and I rushed off to ask a fellow livery if she had a carrot. She did.  I offered Essy a carrot - and he ate it without a problem.  Wow!  He must be feeling better already!

Back to the treatment:

After working with Essy's head and TMJ (see link for some useful reading on the importance of the TMJ), Chris went on to do an adjustment around Essy's pelvis.  Then he began to dowse.   The dowsing prescribed two remedies for Essy one of which will helps with right sided problems especially the liver.  Chris felt Essy's side is more protruding on the right and he agreed with me that his coat is very different and undergoing changes on the right side that are not present on the left.

On the right side (since the onset of this winter) his hair has grown in a new way.  It travels in at least four different directions in places,  and buts up against itself forming a shelf or ridge. Although Essy tested negative for Cushings last July,  I believe he is suffering from Cushings symptoms especially with his loss of temperature regulation.  He has chaste berry daily, in liquid form to prevent its onset.



Fur on his left side is quite different and normal...



It seems that no small thing you notice is too small, and is definitely never insignificant!

So one remedy will address, right sided issues and liver.  The other remedy is great for vascular strength and disorders.  Both will be homeopathic pills placed (untouched by human hands),  directly into Essy's mouth/ lips.

I watched Essy like a hawk throughout his treatment.  He doesn't interact with men too often - and can be distant and retreat from them.  With Chris he was his normal self. He was relaxed, and showed signs of deep peacefulness (healing) around Chris.  He watched him dowse, and as soon as the dowsing ended, put his head over his door and had a good look around. 

I noticed immediately how much more interactive with his environment he was.  He seemed more alive, more interested.  He has been worryingly quiet and less engaged with life, me and his environment since I returned from holiday.

I loved how 'non invasive' the experience with Chris was.  Chris confirmed what Margrit had said about the damage done internally to horses who have the operation to try to deal with Ethimoid Hematomas.  This was the final piece to my jigsaw - a Vet saying 'no way' !

I was keen to know what 'to look for' in Essy once we begin the remedies.  I loved Chris's honest answer "I don't know" he said.  The 'body is weird' he went on to explain. Sometimes symptoms get worse, change or we see nothing at all.  He described it as a bit like throwing stones in a pond, we just have to watch the ripples and notice where they go.

It's what we observe that's important!

One thing I did notice within minutes of Chris leaving was the gleam on Essy's coat and mane crest, and how incredibly 'light' I felt!



Chris, like Hans Christian Andersen understands that 'nothing just happens' in life.  "The world doesn't work like that" he explained.  There's always a cause and an effect.  "Things can just happen even when we haven't found /don't know the cause".  I suspect in part that this is the best explanation I've heard (although Chris didn't express it as such), for "what is a Miracle?"

Chris's final words as he left, brought me back to the Princess and the Pea:

 "He's an angel isn't he?"  

"Yes" I replied.  "I think he is"!   

I continue to learn how rarely we know the real person (human or horse) and fail to notice so much more about them and its always the simple things in life that reveal more of 'who' that person is in all their full glory. 

1 comment: