Monday 10 October 2016

Nature's Treats and Going It Alone

" I encourage you to have a healthy cynicism.

   To believe nothing and am prepared to believe anything.  

Above all else, do not go the way others do just because its the norm"



I am forever grateful to the sentiment and intention in the quote above which came from a seasoned traditional vet now turned homeopathic vet.  He is a man who has played a key role in my herd's life and health over the last 3 years.  His work has given me hope, belief and an even stronger sense of responsibility for my actions and the well-being of my horses.

In fact, he's had such an impact that it is hard to believe that it has been only for 3 years that I have experienced homeopathy and it's impact.

To be fair, it was over a decade ago that I had my first true introduction to homeopathy having gone through a minor career 'melt down'.   After 20 years of working in Corporate life, I felt I had spent my whole life doing the opposite of what I was meant to do!




My first encounter with the world of intention left me walking around for 2 weeks with 36 sugar pills strapped to the back of my neck!  Had anyone then asked me what I was doing and why - I would have had no clue other than to say "it can't do me any harm and I'm desperate!"

Before meeting that lady homeopath (who had no connection with animals or vets) I had not studied any scientific papers, or read books on homeopathy.  I just found myself  sitting on this strangers' sofa weeping and stuttering out scrambled sentences about corporate life,  horses, being outside, horse whispering and other confused musings!



It was over a decade ago, so I don't recall precisely what happened next but shortly after,  I left the corporate world as an employee (aka slave as I had been feeling) and set up working as a Self Employed Consultant.  I set up JigsawEquine at the same time believing I could bridge the massive chasm between my chosen career and my heart's true desire - the two worlds that had always pulled me in opposing directions.

Ten years on and both Jigsawequine and my consulting business are booming.  Life is different and so much the better for being so.  Today my first thought whenever my horses or I have an emotional or physical issue is herbs, essential oils and homeopathy!

Whoever says "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" doesn't know what they are talking about!



Their reach has gone further - I take a small selection of oils on holiday with me as I am often in the wars!  My dogs are offered a range of herbs and macerated oils each week.  My daily smoothy includes milk thistle, barley grass, spirulina or bilburry powder - I follow my instincts about which and when.  Oh, and my monthy typical outaly on natures treats is frequently over £500. (I never said holistic approaches make you smart - just healthy)!  Perhaps 'they see me coming' or perhaps I am the one who can see...!







1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete