Sunday 17 February 2013

That's Unusual!

Essy has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous in a matter of two days. Thursday he was loose walking himself in the menage;  calm, confident and full of ease.  Saturday he was quite the little rocket all full of bucks, rears and high jinks.  Both are good to see for different reasons.  However.... the many faces of Essy is not the subject of this posting.

What is then?  What I observed an hour after his little 'blow out' is what held my interest.  He had bombed around the menage sure, but we had hen walked around calmly until he was chilled again.  Back in his stable the first thing I noticed was him standing with his head in the corner where normally he places his rear end.  This is very unusual. Then I noticed his nostrils - air coming out like Puff the Magic Dragon.  His breathing too was heavy.  He remained like this for almost 45 minutes. Far too long for him to be winded besides which I'd checked he wasn't blowing before I put him back in.  45 minutes felt a life time for me and at one point I felt a tug in my stomach - a tug of panic - "was he ok"?  Remember none of this behaviour was happening before I put him away.

Not sure if the video will show the breathing and nostril smoke but I do remember his nostrils steaming during Margrit's healing session on Sunday.  I kept the faith and told myself he was having another release - only without Margrit there I didn't know what about.



Sure enough he did 'snap out' of it and was back to munching hay when I next checked in on him. Phew!  This horse healing and transformation journey definitely has massive high points with some worrying lows as you realise you don't know the signals for if you're are on the right path still. So my plan is to keep listening to Essy and try to show I''m trying to hear him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment