Wednesday 7 August 2013

P.S. to what we resist....

I'm pleased to report that I have made it beyond ten hours in my new way of being: CHOOSING  when to worry and when not to!

The result of this morning's 'worry free moment' felt worthy of a quick note to boost self confidence for all of us trying to grow in awareness and make personal change happen....

While hand grazing, Essy and the same horse from earlier this week, wanted to sniff again, over the paddock fence. This time I stood back, loose lead rope and let it happen, feeling calm and relaxed. 

Nothing untoward happened :)

Interestingly after about 5 seconds Essy moved away anyway- so what did I have to worry about after all?!

Later on, the other horse approached us again so I 'kept out of their way, and my own'.

They spent longer sniffing than before and then the other horse offered to scratch Essy's withers!  Such a natural, uncomplicated and loving act, yet this wonderful horse 'grooming gift' would have been missed by all 3 of us if I'd worried and pulled Essy away as before.


If there are rewards for choosing the right course of action, this felt like positive payback for sure!

It is a small step, but every destination is reached by taking a series of small steps, one after another.

Say GOODBYE to my worry head days!

No comments:

Post a Comment