Thursday 5 March 2015

Be careful not to let bad feelings get the better of you


“Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.”

 ~ 1 Peter 3:3-4



Going to Mauritius for our 5th time, meant I knew what to expect, how to relax and how to enjoy myself.  The problem was that I felt 'compromised'.

Usually the first thing I do on arriving is go over to the spa and let Jean Michel know that I had arrived to book our private Yoga or meditation sessions for the weeks ahead. 
Jean Michel is the resident guru of Yoga, Qi Gong, Reiki Master and all things spiritual and metaphysical.  Ah hour in his presence and all your worries fade away - right into the lagoon behind where the Pavilion.

I love every minute I spend with Jean Michel - it's a feeling of being "at home" and I grow!  I grow strong, grounded, inspired, and I find peace and tranquillity, which fills me with confidence of body and mind.  I hope each time, I grow as a person too.

On this occasion, I felt different.  I felt like a bad student who had defaulted on her studies.  I felt unworthy of seeing him.  I felt I had grown very little since last September's visit and had nothing new to share with him about inspiring authors, books,
or discoveries.
Perhaps I had not grown and felt ashamed for that.

The result was that I  stayed away.  I hid from the spa.  Despite many resort staff asking me 'had I been to see Jean Michel', I continued not to go.

Then on the second Monday of the holiday with only four holiday days left, I reached out to him.

Immediately I regretted my delay. I felt an idiot for thinking such a spiritually kind and generous man would judge me.   He embraced me and asked me what had been going on.

Within moments I 'unravelled'; tears of self-pity and fear all flooded out.  I told him of my doctor’s visit and my concern at the unknown issues concerning my heart.

He listened, gently smiling.  We walked over to the yoga pavilion where 3 other hotel guests joined us for morning yoga.   Jean Michel  suggested I stay behind at the end of the session.

My journey out of self-pity and fear had begun I only hoped I wasn’t leaving myself with too little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment