Tuesday 10 March 2015

A Mission Impossible?

“Can you deal with the most vital matters by letting events take their course? Can you step back from you own mind and thus understand all things? Giving birth and nourishing, having without possessing, acting with no expectations, leading and not trying to control: this is the supreme virtue.”

 ~ Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching


Jean Michel's last words to me about helping my mum had resonated.  While travelling home I'd planned out my mum's support campaign, comprising: -

            1. Reiki treatments on mum
            2. Sharing with her the Meditation music
            3. Video watching: What the Bleep, Law of Attraction
            4. Giving her reading materials by Louise Hay
            5. Showing her the daily Gratitude practise

Having a 'Plan' is my default mode for managing any crisis.  Having a plan makes me feel like the impossible is possible and insurmountable problems are now in bite sized chunks. 

In my opinion the biggest flaw in my plan was my mum's lack of knowledge about metaphysics or self-healing.  I was pretty certain that whilst mildly open minded she wouldn't be able to break the victim mode of living that was hard wired into her from decades of battling with life's challenges. Fortunately I know nothing!   Mum was to prove me wrong, very wrong.
On the Monday after I returned from holiday, whilst we were all back at work, and my husband was working away, I asked mum to came and stay for a few days.  Time to put the campaign into action.

From the moment mum arrived, my PLAN seemed to take on a life force of it's own.  I introduced her to my magic coffee and Spirulina, making her drinks and smoothy each morning. Despite her pulling childish faces and complaining about the colour of my smoothies, she did admit it tasted nice.  A BIG achievement!

The 'magic coffee' I offered her, she took to like a duck to water with none of the side effects that I was experiencing and I felt conflicted: pleased and a little jealous! 

 

Step 1 - was in place!

Each evening she came with me in the car, to visit the horses.  Whilst driving she was a captive audience, and so I played some of my new age, metaphysical audio clips through the car, ones given to me by Jean Michel.  She listened to them quietly and intelligently, with a close concentration that I wasn't expecting from her.

Step 2 - also in place!

Much of mum's emotional pain over the last 3 decades was rooted in her second marriage. Long story short she lives a tough, imprisoned life and can't mention her husband's name without anger and rage surging through her veins.  This presented many opportunities to share my knowledge about the link between healthy mind and healthy body.  The more she felt negativity and anger the more her body would not heal. This too seemed to sink in and quickly she was trying to think positively and catching herself when not!

Step 3 - was in motion!


One afternoon, I lay my Yoga mat on the back lawn.  It was a gorgeous sunny September day, warm with a plentiful blue sky.  I was working in my garden based office studio with the doors open and the dogs at my feet.  Mum appeared from the house and as if invited, lay on the mat in the sun.  I suggested she move to a quiet spot under the cover of trees.

She lay down and rested.   Reiki and meditation was as yet the outstanding step in the process.  Quick
as a flash I took my I Phone and lying it at her side, played Jean Michel's Reiki healing music and let her sleep (accompanied by Pasha the most loving affectionate dog you've ever met)!

Pasha and Mum - deep healing sleep!


Over an hour later she woke up.  She couldn't believe how rested she felt - "deeply rested" she said. She then also realised that since staying at my house that week, she had been going to bed at 10pm each night like me, and was sleeping till 8, 9am the next day.  This is an unheard of sleep pattern for mum who usually is up till midnight, unable to sleep, restless and awake.

This felt like good news.  

Mum was feeling good.  

I felt like her success was my success too!  We both seemed to be in the right place; at the right time; together.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment