Wednesday 11 March 2015

A Breath of Fresh Air - Good for the Soul

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” 

~ Henry David Thoreau


Things were going well for mum.

She was sleeping well even when back at home.  She had a new zest for life and for living it to the full.  We had agreed to go on holiday together as soon as she had seen the cardiologist and to have things to look forward to.  Of course I was hoping that my own heart wouldn't get in the way of that plan but I still was of the opinion that I had to keep my issues to myself.
 


Even conversations at home with her husband were taking on a new form for mum, as she made it quite clear to him that she was going to spend time at my apartment by the sea, to rest and recoup.  Hubby couldn't argue for once! Mum was finding her voice, and focused on living whatever time she had left, to the full.

Good for her and about time too!

It's probably no surprise that I was experiencing a similar shift in my own perspective.

My heart had been remarkably quiet since returning from holiday.  Very few bad days, seldom was my heart pounding at night in bed, and I’d had no heavy weight feeling bearing down on my chest. Even my cough had abated.  Above all, I was feeling confident with my own new breathing regimes and how my body was responding.  


Jean Michel's words of reassurance still rang strong in my ears.

I had lost my coffee supply but decided it was for a good reason and I still had my daily breathing routines.  Nothing was more restful and restorative than lying on the cross country jumps in the horses’ field, soaking up the glow of sunset, surrounded by the quite munching of horses eating grass; to breath deeply and meditate on nature's healing energy.

This new daily routine of sitting in the fields with my horses, leaning against a wooden fence, or tree or sitting deep in the long grass - was revitalising.  I was feeling younger, calmer, and stronger in myself every day.

Solar Sue happily grazing while I breath deeply by the fence

The few weeks after Mauritius were full of rest & relaxation (whilst working of course).  It was becoming a period of reinforcement of everything Jean Michel and I had discussed for the last 5 years, and of the learning's I've embraced since April 2000.  Everything seemed to be coming together yet I can't really describe what those 'things' were!

The question is would there be any visible benefits to show in either my body or my mums' body when our heart results came back?
 


Fingers and hooves crossed!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment