Thursday 19 March 2015

The World Is A Safe Place!

Do you have those moments where you don't believe what you are seeing?

Do you know that feeling when you watch something happening in front of you and think 'any moment now someone is going to jump out with a camera saying "smile you are on TV?"'.... It happened to me last week!

I was driving past the field of 12 neglected horses (see earlier posts;Kindness or turn a blind eye and Charity support down, Angels on the up), when I couldn't believe my own eyes!  All the horses were gathered quietly together, heads down in feed buckets... EATING!



Horsey people who have witnessed horses being neglected and left in fields will know the significance of this find, and understand my shock.  I drove home, dumped the car, then ran back down the road to the field.  I needed to watch and study. 

Like an undercover spy on a stakeout I hid in the hedgerow and watched.  I could see two people, walking between the horses, a man and a woman.  Its funny how by just watching how people walk and stand you can tell they are 'ok', safe to approach.   It was clear that they were familiar with horses and comfortable around them.  They had spread the buckets out at a safe distance and there was a peaceful atmosphere about the herd. 

There and then I decided I was going to go over and meet these people - whoever they were.  I ran back home, got the car and drove round to where I had recently been accessing the field out of view of the road.

A small car was parked where I park!  I climbed the gate as they were walking back and we met. 

A couple of hours later after a lot of like minded talking, we arranged to meet again - same time, same place the next day.

Turned out we had a lot in common:

- a love of horses
- our own horses
- a desire to help neglected, hungry horses
-a sense of despair and frustration at the lack of resource and hope provided by animal Charitys
-a desire to open our own 'rescue centres' if and when funds allow

etc etc.

More than that we also had a shared sense of  compassion towards animals.  We all had connections to Reiki and healing and our own stories about the amazing synchronicity of life when you are on the 'right path', such as now and finding each other helping these horses. 


Before this encounter neither of us knew of each other's existance.  Independently we had thought we were the only ones doing something! 

It just goest to show you never quite know what you DONT see!  Eyes wide shut kind of concept!  It's amazing to me, given how many times a day I pass this field, that  I never saw these people in there before.  But, nothing happens until the time is right and we are in the 'right emotional, mental space' to see it and learn from it.

What else is right infront of us waiting to be discovered?

Every day since, this chance encounter, this mother and son have turned up with 12 buckets of feed including stud mix for the pregnant mares. They arrive with haylage and spread that out for the horses.  Every day!

Seems that they used to watch and feed these horses, then, to use their words, they 'took their eye off them' and were helping another field of horses.  They had only recently  come by the field again and seen the condition of the horses. Even more weird - the day that the grey horse was shot by the RSPCA one of these two kind souls was actually there, with the mare and cried buckets for her needless loss. 

Small world!

So, I had seen these people before, I just didn't actually SEE them!  If you know what I mean!  In the heat of emotion of a horse's life ending, its amazing where our senses and emotions turn and what else they blind us to.  Anger, rage, loss, despair blind us to the love and compassion that is there at the same time!


Quote from The World Is a Safe Place by Jim White

This chance encounter has restored my faith in people and  in mankind.  I used this example in a conversation with a friend on the phone last night.  I was trying to find words to explain how I am learning (these last few months) that as Lao Tzu says ...

"you have to know darkness in order to enjoy light" 

(this is my translation of his words) 


Without darkness, bad, evil, or problems, there can be no opposite; light, goodness, kindness, and solutions.  We have to push through the darkness, create our own path with the right intentions behind it, and have faith that the light will be there to shine when we come out the other side.    

My experiences over the last 3 months suggest that I'm not sure you actually have to have a lot of faith in the first place, but perhaps as long as you have compassion and respect for life, faith will find you!   

There is an inspirational book called The World Is A Safe Place by Jim White, from whom I have taken the title of this post.  Its a great inspirational read of images, quotes and concepts.  It's based on a true story. 

www.theworldisasafeplace.com


Here are just a few of the powerfully thought provoking images and messages you'll find on the website and in his book.





Over the last 3 weeks, I've posted a lot about one thing: MIRACLES!  Be that the health issues with myself and my mother, that have miraculously fixed, healed or simply disappeared.  Or the miraculous amount of help offered by total strangers to help me feed horses in need.  Finally the miracle of the World being a Safe Place.  

Other amazing things are happening right now, which i'll share as they unfold.  I for one, never expected to be writing about miracles, let alone believing in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment