Saturday 2 March 2013

Behaviour Is Communication

Less than 24 hours after I pondered over human ability to 'talk to the animals' aka Dr Dolittle I sat down to began to transcribe back Essy's conversation with Margrit that took place on February 10th.  In my blog about Dr Dollittle  I had reflected how pleased with myself I felt that Essy's back leg kicking had been correctly interpreted by myself as tail tension.  Perhaps that interpretation still holds true but now I have an alternative to consider.  Having just began to transcribe the February 10th meeting with Margrit, I have humbly been reminded that animal communication is NOT about me! Let me explain...

Until yesterday I had felt deeply frustrated at not being able to get the simple activity of transcribing the video of Margrit's visit completed sooner.  The delay in part was because I wanted to be in the 'right mental place' and strong mental state, and in part because I've been feeling uncharacteristically tired. I weep at an instant. My body feels heavy.  Ive been low in  physical energy - experiences that are all uncommon to me.  I've taken the first few days of my February holiday to detox my body, to re-nurish with healthy foods, to sleep when tired and to begin to unwind from what has been an unusually hectic start to the year.

Now I feel ready for the responsibility that I want to take so seriously of getting Essy's message out. So I sat down and began to watch the video and type.

As I watched and listened to Essy's story and his message to all horse lovers I laughed out loud hearing Margrit's words...

 
"There is something that he wants you to do that is branching out going forward.  It’s to do with horses. And personal development.  Its’ to shift consciousness. 


 He is showing me a picture of him turning round kicking out his back legs to kick you up the bum"

My earlier interpretation that his back leg kicking was in some way a source of physical pain and self induced relief now has an alternative meaning; he was reminding me to 'get a move on'! 

How blind and deaf does a person have to be to not get it!??  How hard is it to listen? 

Listening it seems is extremely difficult. We have two ears and once mouth but use them disproportionately finishing peoples sentences off for them etc.  We listen through filters of existing frames of reference seeking out what's familiar and rational. We take what we hear and generalise, distrort or even delete sections to fit how 'we see things'.  This makes listening pretty difficult.

Yet when it comes to listening to our horses (or other pets for that matter) we don't even have a common spoken language as a basis to start from.  So,where should we start?  What do we have in common?  Is it expressionsA similar range of emotions?  Energy? Body language?  Since Essy's visit with Margrit these questions seem to have a renewed importance in my life

Now how amazing is this - as I've been typing a large exquisite Heron has just flown onto the deck of our ocean beach villa.  He has now been here for over 20 minutes, washing, drinking, preening. His feathers have flown into my face (another metaphorical slap to 'get on with it')!  Ive been able to sit just 3 feet from him.  It's such a thrill to be so close to such a beautiful wild bird who has chosen this day, this deck and this moment to appear infront of me.   Ive invited him to stay as long as he wishes and to return any time.  His presence fills me with confidence about the path I am pursuing in this blog.



Post Script:
 
5pm and the visiting Heron has just departed, having blessed us with his /her presence for the entire day.  Such an honour.

Today's other noteworthy experience was afternoon sea snorkeling when a 6 foot  long Marble Ray with 8 foot long tail swam right along side me just a few feet away.

What a day of gifts from the animal kingdom, I've never said 'thank you' so many times in one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment