Tuesday 12 February 2013

A Decade In The Making

Today, two days after Margrit's visit and I am not able yet to put down words to capture the three way loving conversation that we shared.

Instead, I'm going to temporarily skip over Sunday's events which felt so monumental,  until I am able to put it into words and context.  In fact I plan not to find my own words, but will stick to Essy's words and intent and avoid a poor interpretation of his deeply moving, philosophical and humorous insights.

For now, I want to capture the events of the last few days - the era I'm calling  "Post MC" and then ill take us back in time to Sunday.

Monday's highlights - the day after we three talked I had a big headache.  Normally my headaches pull me down.  Slow me down, and generally 'get me down'.  Yet, I felt light! A real sense of nothing could bother me type of 'lightness'.  This is not a feeling I'm too familiar with; firstly im a worry head and secondly I don't stop (ever) to smell the roses and feel any inner peace, unless on holiday in Thailand!

The lightness felt as if it came from feeling at last as though I knew where I stood, I knew what Essy wanted - the kind or relief that comes when you phone the Tax man about an outstanding bill and it all concludes nicely with an agreed repayment plan!  Suddenly you can breathe again and life falls back into balance.  Well that's how I felt on Monday.

That was enough. It was a good feeling. Essy, however had other ideas and clearly wanted to 'add to my day' in a very positive way.  Below is a photo of the two of us together in his stable which I appreciate to many horse owners photos lying down together are no big deal.  Whilst Essy has never acted scared of me, on approaching him lying down he always gets up.  Ive always wanted to be able to 'just be' with him without him standing to attention!

So, as I walked back and forth feeding and watering my other two horses, I noticed Essy's manner, his expression and disposition as it remained unchanged as I trotted back and forth.  I took this photo of his wonderfully proud stance as he seemed totally at one with me going back and forth.

(Is it me, or does he have the look of a foal on his face or someone whose got a lot off their chest the day before)!!! 

No wonder I was feeling light all day - is it possible that once we connect with our horses, we begin to mirror each others feelings?  I don't know but what if....?

Shortly after this photo, I gave him his 'snack bowl' of herbs: Linseed Oil, Dandelion Powder, Nettles, Calendula flowers - and clearly at peace he felt able to "snack in bed" with me at his side - Wow!  This was a real honor.  Something Ive always wanted to be able to do with him.   Very special for me indeed.  Can't begin to tell you how much.

Here we are...


"Thank you Essy" x

No comments:

Post a Comment